Thursday, October 4, 2007

Leaving A Legacy

I am not married and I have no children of my own. I am blessed to have a niece and nephew that I love as if they were my own. It amazes me how much, even as an uncle, I wish I could spend more time with my brothers children. What is even more astounding to me is how some dads can leave their kids in day cares or after school programs so that they can work that job and make more money. I guess its easy for me to ask, but will a dad ever regret losing a promotion or a raise so that he can know and be known intimately by his children? Let me get even more personal; will a student pastor ever regret brushing off his kids so that he can spend more time with other peoples children? Just a question for thought.

I would love to get some feedback from you youth pastor or pastor dads on how you balance or balanced your ministry and your family? What are priorities that you have established to maintain your integrity and leave a godly legacy for your children. I think single guys like me could learn from you and maybe there are some dads out there who need your admonishment. Lets get a dialog going.

No comments: