Friday, June 15, 2007

God Claims A Precious Jewel


Ruth Bell Graham
June 10, 1920 - June 14, 2007

There was a time that my opinionated, legalistic upbringing would not allow me to show proper respect for Brother Billy or Mrs. Ruth. Fortunately for me the same grace that God showed in raising up this fine couple was applied to my heart. Soon, I began to respect and admire this wonderful man and his godly family. How wise,loving, and tireless this wonderful lady must have been to support the vast ministry that God gave Brother Billy while maintaining a balanced household for their family. I am reminded of Proverbs 31:29-30 which states:


Many women have done excellently,
but you surpass them all."
Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain,
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

Let that sentiment be impressed upon all of us as we reflect on Mrs. Ruth's legacy.

No comments: