Monday, November 5, 2007

I love British people!

I love British people. I love their humor. I love their accents. I love the class they exude. I love how any American upon hearing a Brit will immediately try to speak like one. You can take the most unintelligent British person and have them read anything and they will sound intelligent.
Yesterday at Providence we had the honour of having Dr. Michael Green preaching in our services. Dr. Green is and has been on loan to a local Anglican church here in Raleigh for the last two years. He will be going back to Britain at the first of the year. Dr. Green touched on many things yesterday morning and last night, but the thrust of what he was saying revolved around evangelism. One main theme he hit was that evangelism is overflow. If the Gospel isn't overflowing in you, it will not flow over out of you. Here are a couple of other quick thoughts from his message on Acts 11 and 13 titled The Church God Can Use:

  • Lay people took the initiative.
  • They learned to sacrifice.
  • They were not imprisoned in the past.
  • They were excited about Jesus.
  • They knew teaching and nurturing were vital.
  • Their love was remarkable.
  • Their worship was dynamic.

Dr. Green is a blessing to the church and he is another of the many reasons that I love British people.

No comments: