Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I Am Thankful For Brokenness


At this time of the year, I think it is fitting for us to consider the many things for which we have to be thankful. Of course, near the top of the list should be gratitude for salvation, health, provision, and friendship. There is one thing, you might even say an unusual thing, that I am most thankful for this season. I am thankful for brokenness.

I am thankful for the Lord granting me my wish for a spirit of perpetual brokenness. I am convinced that there is no other way to experience soul rest, joy, and contentment. It is the gateway to true intimacy with Christ and true love and compassion for your fellow man. But just so you know that this is not my idea, let me quote a famous prayer from The Valley of Vision entitled, "The Broken Heart" that states...

Grant me to hear thy voice assuring me:
that by thy stripes I am healed,
that thou wast bruised for my iniquities,
that thou hast been made sin for me,
that I might be righteous in thee,
that my grievous sins, my manifold sins, are all forgiven,
buried in the ocean of thy concealing blood.

I am guilty, but pardoned,
lost but saved,
wandering, but found,
sinning, but cleansed.

Give me perpetual broken-heartedness,
Keep me always clinging to thy cross,
Flood me every moment with descending grace,
Open to me the springs of divine knowledge,
sparkling like crystal,
flowing clear and unsullied
through my wilderness of life.

I pray that in His mercy the Lord will continue to grant me the privilege of perpetual brokenness so that I may know His love and make His love known and that is something to be thankful for everyday.



From all of us here at Two Institutions.Org, we wish you a very
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: