Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Mea Culpa: Clarity Matters

There is an old saying that goes, "If you don't like the message, don't shoot the messenger." Well in this case, this messenger deserves to be shot a couple of times. I'm afraid that in my eagerness to follow a lead, I have overstepped my bounds. Having thus confessed, let me make something crystal clear.


This blog and its authors do not agree with the particulars of how Dr. Patterson handled the firing of Dr. Sherri Klouda.
What we have a real problem with are the un-Christian tactics that many have resorted to because of this action. Further, we affirm the Biblical teaching of proper male leadership in both the home and the church. That's all we are saying. I apologize if I confused anyone in this regard. So I invoke the words of good old Alexander Pope...

To err is human; to forgive, divine.

No comments: